Monday, 9 June 2014

Landmarks Field Trip


It was a perfect day to be out and about in Singapore seeing some of the city's famous landmarks!

We started at the URA building where we saw huge maps and models of the city. These made a big impression on the children, who were able to find a number of places that they recognised.

I saw my house at the URA building!- Tanvi
My favourite part was finding our school. -Zachary
I saw all of Singapore on a map in the URA building. It was amazing! -Amae






Next, we went on a boat from Clarke Quay to the Merlion Park.



My favourite part was the boat ride. -Alex
I liked the boat trip because me and Zach were making a telescope with our maps. -William
I didn't know there was a baby Merlion. -Arjun

From the Merlion Park we walked to the Esplanade where we had lunch and sketched pictures of the famous landmarks nearby, including the Esplanade Hotel, Marina Bay Sands, ArtScience Museum and Singapore Flyer. The children were excited to see some of the skyscrapers that their parents work in! There was even a good discussion about whether an office building can be a landmark or not.




It was an interesting, thought-provoking and fun trip...perfect for our last outing of the year. Many thanks to the parents who were able to come along!


No comments:

Post a Comment